mtbr member
    Jul 2007

XT brakes issue-noisy but not the typical squeak

I have a set of xt brakes on a fuji reveal.
    Recently the rear brake started making a low pitch noise that vibrates the whole bike.
    It does not happen every time I squeeze the lever though. It seems to happen when I am going downhill at speed and push on the levers hard but not enough to lock the wheel. I also get the feeling that if the bike is leaned to either side it is more likely to happen.

Any ideas?

staike
    Most likely frame related.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    My new xt (new model, w Ice tech) brakes on my new Frame are also reverbating and howling. started after the 4th ride... I am at at a loss here too. My frame is a new Kona Dawg Deuluxe 09 model. Just bought it and put it all together. The front one made noises too, but I tightened the bolts up and it stopped. The back continues.. I have 203 Hayes Discs front and back for the moment...

Did you figure out what is going on? Is there bad brakes from Shimano? maybe it is a replacement issue? I thought maybe I got teflon on them, but I am not so sure, as never did that before, plus I cleaned everything with a household degreaser and washed them down with water as well, but that didnīt improve anything.