mtbr member

XT 755 Hydros -- what do I need to use 180mm rotors?

I've got the standard 160mm rotors with my XT-755 4 piston hydros. I'd like 180mm on the front. I can't find what adapter I need to make this happen. Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I don't believe Shimano ever made a 180mm for the 4 pots(IS mount) , so you may have to get someone to mill an adaptor for you. You can also see if there is an adaptor for the older Hopes Mono 4s...they use the same adaptors.

Meh.
    Assuming you're running it on IS mounts, any IS to IS adapter will work. You'll need a +20mm adapter. I think A2Z makes one. You can also run the rear caliper on the front, and use a +40mm (203mm front adapter) on the rear.

mtbr member
    shimano makes one too. I have one on my bike, but its for a 2 piston xtr caliper.

$19.00

http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30...ils&sku=BR8586

Meh.
    Wasn't sure if Shimano had one or not. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than the 203mm adapters I had to get for my 755s. At cost, those suckers were still 26 bucks a piece.

mtbr member

Meh.
    With shipping, comes out to 21 bucks. And seeing as how he got the basic info wrong... I wouldn't really trust buying from him. Already ordered through BTI, just playing the waiting game now... And have to see if the hoses are long enough...

mtbr member
    These should work :
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Increase-Rotor-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm using an a2z adapter for my 203mm rotors on my 755.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Assuming you're running it on IS mounts, any IS to IS adapter will work. You'll need a +20mm adapter. I think A2Z makes one. You can also run the rear caliper on the front, and use a +40mm (203mm front adapter) on the rear.
    This is an interesting idea. If I run the rear caliper on the front, I'm able to go 203mm without an adapter, correct? And then if I run the front caliper on the rear, I can go with a 140mm rotor. How much of an adapter would I need to run the front caliper on the rear with a 140mm rotor?

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecox
    This is an interesting idea. If I run the rear caliper on the front, I'm able to go 203mm without an adapter, correct? And then if I run the front caliper on the rear, I can go with a 140mm rotor. How much of an adapter would I need to run the front caliper on the rear with a 140mm rotor?
    No, running a rear 160 caliper on the front will work with a 180 adapter. You would not need an adapter to run the front on the back of the bike with a 140mm.

Me hates pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Wasn't sure if Shimano had one or not. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than the 203mm adapters I had to get for my 755s. At cost, those suckers were still 26 bucks a piece.
    I got it at a good price, considering that I live in Mexico and stuff is hard to get over here.. I payed 18 bucks for it, but just because the store was closing and they had/have everything on sale
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus