Boriqua Puneta

No good X0 Brake Problems :???:

I have a problem getting my X0 brakes just right. Seems that no matter how well I bleed them, adjust the throw or the pad contact I cant get my rear brake to feel as possitive as my front brake. The rear break lever needs its pad contact adjustment all the way out for me to be able to get it to were the lever wont close really close to the grip. The adjustment for the pad contact are way different from the rear to the front to where the rear brake has it completly backed off and the front brake has the pad contact clicked in a lot to get it as close to the grip when applied as the rear. What I would like is to get them to the point where they deliver the most power not so close to the grip....hope this makes sense. Ive made sure when I bleed them to follow all the instructions corretly, use the same bleed block for both. The brake pads are new. Any help appreciated!
    Only type of shuttle I ride....the ambulance!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    If I understand this correctly, you have too much lever movement on the rear brake lever before the pads make contact with the disc...? If this is the case you might just need to prime the caliper pistons:
    1. Remove the wheel/rotor so that there is nothing between the pads
    2. Adjust Pad Contact adjuster to the middle of the range. This will allow you to fine tune the feel later.
    3. Pull the brake lever slowly two or three times (until the pads are approximately 1mm apart).
    4. Fit the pad spacer between the pads to open them up a little bit
    5. Fit disc/wheel
    6. Pump the lever a few times and check feel.
    You can tune the feel by opening the pads with a slightly thinner spacer, and then using the Pad Contact Adjuster to fine tune further to get both brakes to feel similar.
    Hope this helps.