mtbr member
    Jan 2008

will these breaks this onto my bike

right i have a diamondback groove ive wanted some hydrolics for a while now and i seen some on ebay but i dont know if they will fit my bike or not ?
    http://i14.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/d5/8a/db1b_1.JPG

Hayes hfx 9 hydraulic front and rear disk brake without rotors - used but in great condition.

The all-new HFX-9 combines the power of fully-hydraulic disc brakes with exceptional value. The HFX-9 features the durable components and quality engineering for which Hayes is well-known, including a rugged, compact aluminum body and lever blade, and the new 'G2' caliper

Spec

Anti- Rotation Reach adjustment
    2- peice master cylinder design for easy removal
    Sintered metallic all weather pad compound
    V8 Rotor
    Flip-flop design Master cylinder allows lever to be mounted on either side of the bar.
    545 grams

**Please Note: If the hose needs to be shortened the following method should be used;

Step 1; Cut the hose with good quality cable cutters
    Step 2; Feed a ring spanner over the cut hose to undo the shroud nut, ALWAYS use a ring spanner for this operation
    Step 3; Re-attach the hose and tighten the shroud nut with an open end spanner, do not over-tighten

please also see our other items-

DMR, 247, cannondale, rockshox, pikes, boxxers, boxxer, pike, rock shox, Sunn, Halo, Identity, Maxxis, troy lee, Profile, SDG, DJ1, Dirt, downhill, freeride, shimano, sram, bell, gt, dainese, 661, totem, lyric, mavic.

and mine atm

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f7...t=DSC00233.jpg
    and my disks are about 7 inch i think

sorry if this is a noob question

thanks ad

MTBR Demi-God
    Yes they should fit in your bike, provided they come with the appropriate adapter to mount on your sized rotor.

But apart from that, if you are not getting an absolute steal, I would suggest that you pass on the Hayes 9, and look at Shimano LX- probably cheaper and a whole LOT better.
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    how much is a steal ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolTiger
    how much is a steal ?

for hayes 9 I wouldn't pay more then 80 bucks. There are many better systems out there now.

Meh.
    I'd hold out for something better. Go see if there are any Deore or LX hydraulic brakesets on ebay.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    thankyou for your help guys would the gear shifter be cable i take it ?

MTBR Demi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolTiger
    thankyou for your help guys would the gear shifter be cable i take it ?
    I will have to request more clarification regarding your question...

Based on what I could make out, are you asking if you can use the gear shifter cable to run the brake? If so, then you are mistaken... its a hydraulic disk brake system... does not use cables.

(But I have a strong feeling I sounded like a total retard)
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."