Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Will I need adaptor/mount for calipers?

721 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  crisillo 
#1 ·
I ordered a set of Shimano XT(m765) or calipers and levers. My bike has a the holes to mount disc brakes in the rear. I measured the distance between the two holes and it's like 2.20(roughly 55 mm). Does the caliper bolt directly on there or do I need some kind of adapter? I'll be putting a 160mm rotors on my trek 6500 bike.

#2 ·
do you know if the brakes come with adapters? the rear usually does at least...

the 765 calipers are postmount, while your rear brake mount is likely International Standard (IS, 51mm), so at least for the rear you will need an adapter..... for the front it will depend on what mount the fork has and what rotor size you will be running

#3 ·
no, it doesn't come with one. the calipers also don't come with the bolts or washers for it ether. this is a pre-bled kit off of ebay. it's supposed to be brand new, so i don't understand why a new kit wouldn't have have the caliper bolts. but the seller has a 100% rating so i don't know. do you know where i can buy the caliper bolts and washers(if any)? i looked on jenson and didn't see any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.