locked - time out

Will Elixer CR's work with a 203 mil rotor?

I tried mounting a front brake with a 203 rotor and adaptor to a marzocchi 888 and it didn't fit. The caliper was about 3/4" off.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

tough guy
    is the caliper too far out 3/4"? i think the current 888 forks have a 203 post mount already. if that's the case, your caliper should line up when mounted w/o an adapter

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by khoalie
    is the caliper too far out 3/4"? i think the current 888 forks have a 203 post mount already. if that's the case, your caliper should line up when mounted w/o an adapter
    This is a 2006 888 with IS mounts.

I think I found the issue - Avid makes a different adaptor for 20 mil forks - so I need this adaptor.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    This is a 2006 888 with IS mounts.

I think I found the issue - Avid makes a different adaptor for 20 mil forks - so I need this adaptor.

Yeah..older Marzocchi 20mm forks used a thicker adapter...I remmeber my old Z1 came with a pair of thick washers to move the caliper and "regular thickness" adapter to the right position

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Yeah..older Marzocchi 20mm forks used a thicker adapter...I remmeber my old Z1 came with a pair of thick washers to move the caliper and "regular thickness" adapter to the right position
    it's not the thickness, it's the height. The adaptor for 20 mil forks is totally different than for qr forks.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    it's not the thickness, it's the height. The adaptor for 20 mil forks is totally different than for qr forks.

yikes..one learns something new every day.... then there is even another 'position' for IS tabs on MZ forks....