5 x 5

Why shouldn't I buy XT 775s on eBay from Thailand?

Talking about new OEM brakes. No packaging. Assume no warranty.

Half the price of new aftermarket goods packaged for the US with a warranty. No rotors, but rotors are cheap.

Seller: 247 sales, 100% positive feedback.

Weigh in...
    "Check out dude."
    "Dude, crazy."

Meh.
    Go for it. Pay with paypal. If you get bum goods or don't receive them... you're protected.

mtbr member
    you'll get if your talking about the september guy I just bought a set fom him, very nice. He does a pretty good job bleeding and didnt contaminate the pads. It was alittle messy around the hose area with some of the mineral oil left behined you can tell he tried wipping them off. Shipping is very fast for international I live in cali and got them in 7 days.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    I assume you're talking about seller September-19 on eBay?

He's legit. I bought Shimano stuff twice from him in the past 3-4 weeks, both times I received my goods here in the San Francisco area in about 6-7 days. Pretty quick, even my domestic standards.

The way the items are packaged, it appears as though he's selling "gray market" components that were destined to be installed on brand new bikes at the assembly point. Whether they "fell off the back of the truck" or are legit overstock / excess inventory, they're the real deal.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

wyrd bi ful rd
    Why not? 247 is quite a lot of feedback so they must be geniune stuff. I would go ahead with just the 1 first but keeping at the back of your mind to be ready to be burned. There is always the risk there and it all depends how much risk you are willing to take.

I am from the far east and I get all of my stuff from here in the UK locally. Dont mind the extra costs without the risk of not getting what I wanted. But that is just me.
    Last edited by chinaman; 01-23-2008 at 01:43 AM.

I Like Bicycles
    Anyone know if this guy is legit?: http://myworld.ebay.ca/michellebikeshop

He's from Asia, Thailand as well I believe, I bought a headset off him for dirt cheap (S8 for $35) and I've been told it may be a fake.

wyrd bi ful rd
    I have been back for holidays in Singapore and Malaysia and I have seen stuff that looks so much like say XT, but under a different brand of course ... so would not be surprised that you can get ones that are made to look like XTs and all they do is slap a label on it to say Shimano XT ... easily done ... maybe you will only notice it if you compare it to an original ... but on another note ...

I know that a Santa Cruz frame is definitley cheaper in Malaysia ... the real thing ... compared to here in the UK ... why ... maybe because they are now made in Taiwan and so the import duties in Malaysia is different to the UK and also prices of different goods are priced according to the spending power of the population ...
    Last edited by chinaman; 01-20-2008 at 11:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I live in Thailand and just paid around 148USD for a set of Stroker Trail(7" rotors). The 08 XT is priced at 225USD(no rotors) in the same LBS. Two weeks ago the XT price was a bit higher. These are the retail prices for them here but you can easily find cheaper prices for these parts. They usually come from dissembled new bikes. It's a common practice for the LBSs here to buy a bunch of new bikes to get a good discount, sell some as a whole bikes and dissemble the rest to sell as parts. BTW, the rate used in the calculation was 1USD = 31.1075THB.

Best regards,
    Roy

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I bought some new XT brakes, XT shadow rear der., and a couple of rotors from M R Bikestore

99.9 % on 12,000 or better feedback.

I was happy...got it quick...it's the real deal!

I'll buy from him again

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Quote Originally Posted by whidbeydh
    I bought some new XT brakes, XT shadow rear der., and a couple of rotors from M R Bikestore

I'll buy from him again
    He's ok in my book, too. But unlike seller September-19, M_R_Bikestore took about 3 days longer to hit my mailbox, and required a signature at delivery, meaning a trip down to the post office for me.

He also had the fake "Gift" declaration with a $25 value written on the customs tag, where September-19 didn't have any such nonsense evident on (or in) his packages.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I refrained from buying a set of the new XT brakes from a seller located in Indonesia because of payment security issues; however, other buyers have had successful transactions with the seller. Here is the related thread.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    BTW, shimano has been producing parts in Malaysia and Singapore for over a decade, so these are probably legit parts off their own factory lines.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

dh1
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whidbeydh

I'll buy from him again
    +1 for MR Bikestore.

I have bought several new Shimano parts from him and he is legit. The ONLY problem I had with him was the first set of XT V brakes I bought from him came with 4 left handed pads. He immediately sent me 4 right handed pads at no cost, so I ended up with a new set of XT v-brakes with 2 sets of pads, all for less than 1/2 of the LBS for the same brakes.

They are first quality Shimano parts. Mine came with OEM packaging. It seems like it took about 1 week for the parts to arrive after I paid.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

simple question: 08 XT or magura marta?

disregard the title, I've been looking at the same seller, he has answered my questions quickly, seems legit enough.