mtbr member
    Mar 2004

why do I need to bleed my hayes every freaking week?

well...ever since I got the bike I have been needing to bleed the brakes every week. I don't see any oil coming out of anywhere but there is deff air getting in them...any suggestions of how this is happeening?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes287
    well...ever since I got the bike I have been needing to bleed the brakes every week. I don't see any oil coming out of anywhere but there is deff air getting in them...any suggestions of how this is happeening?
    Even though oil is not leaking out you may have air leaking in. I am not familiar with Hayes, but that is the most common problem with hydraulics that need constant bleeding. So check the last thing you worked on first and work your way back. I'm guessing you have a bad gasket somewhere that got some dirt on it or got pinched funny.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    ya I completly dissasembled everything and replaced a few orings but it still happened this week

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes287
    ya I completly dissasembled everything and replaced a few orings but it still happened this week
    It still sounds like an air leak, maybe a pinhole in a hose or a bad fit between surfaces.

Possibly improper bleeding and you are taking air out and putting it in at the same time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    ya at first I thaught it was my bleeding cuase im kinda new to it all...but I have the techneque down and the brakes work perfect for like a day or two and then they just start to die and one week worht of use I can no longer even get the rear wheel off the ground by grabing the front break

I think I need to replace the hose but does anyone know any alternatives to payng $25 for 60 inches of hayes hose?