King of vegetarians

Who makes this rotor?

I have been looking for a new rotor for my speedhub and the only choices I could find was Rohloff,Hope and this picture.Does anyone one know who makes it or if there is someone else who makes 4 bolt rotors?
    Thanks
    rohloffrotor.jpg
    Black Sheep Dream Bike Design
    www.blacksheepbikes.com
    The future is not retro proof.

On MTBR hiatus :(
    That looks like Galfer's version of the Speedhub bolt pattern.
    speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

King of vegetarians
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedub.Nate
    That looks like Galfer's version of the Speedhub bolt pattern.
    I was thinking the same thing,but I called them up a while ago and some guy there said that they don`t make them with four bolts for speedhubs
    www.blacksheepbikes.com

MTBR Demi-God
    I have nothing to add to the thread, but I have a question- are there two calipers on the rotor?
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

mtbr member

No

Quote Originally Posted by anirban
    I have nothing to add to the thread, but I have a question- are there two calipers on the rotor?
    The black box under the dropout is the external shifter box for the Rohloff Speedhub.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Its a rohloff hub, the bottom "caliper" is the shifter mechanism for the planetary gear hub.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

MTBR Demi-God
    Sorry for making an a$$ out of myself....
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

King of vegetarians
    Quote Originally Posted by anirban
    Sorry for making an a$$ out of myself....
    My philosophy is that you are only an a$$ of your self if you don`t ask
    www.blacksheepbikes.com

mtbr member

looks like it is a galfer

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...9511&category=

you may want to give universal cycles a call and see if they have anything besides 203 left.

Also, I believe that the new x-fusion dh forks use a rohloff 4 bolt rotor due to a 35mm hub, you could give them a call and see if they have a source.

New Rohloff?

King of vegetarians
    Quote Originally Posted by dompedro3
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...9511&category=

you may want to give universal cycles a call and see if they have anything besides 203 left.

Also, I believe that the new x-fusion dh forks use a rohloff 4 bolt rotor due to a 35mm hub, you could give them a call and see if they have a source.

New Rohloff?
    Thank you Dompedro3!
    The guy at Galfer was a bit arrogant when I spoke to him,I guess I should have suspected ignorance at that moment as well.
    I will call them up.
    www.blacksheepbikes.com

Dr Gadget is IN

Yes to both

Yes the rotor is made by Galfer, but Yes it is the Rohloff rotor as well. Made for Rohloff by Galfer, sold by Rohloff - not Galfer.

My speedhub has that rotor - from Rohloff, but it is several years old. Maybe they changed suppliers?

Naaah. BTI has them, but only 8" in stock:

https://www.bti-usa.com/item.asp?ite...wSec=0&filter=
    This isn't a "you're doing it wrong" topic.

WSS/OSS: Open Source Sealant

mtbr member

Different Galfer I think

I have recently struggled with this, myself. I just built a new bike with a Rohloff and I wasn't able to find a 4 bolt, 160mm rotor anywhere in N. America. I called Galfer, who is Rohloff's supplier, but the Galfer I called was "Galfer USA". Apparently, they have a European division that is doing the Rohloff stuff. ...The same but seperate.

Universal is local to me and I think I got one of their (www.uiversalcycles.com) last 203mm rotor, which allowed me to put everything together and start riding. It's been 2 months and they still don't have any leads on a 160mm version.

There is a company, the name escapes me, in California that builds suspension hubs for wheelchairs and such. Their hubs use the same bolt pattern as the Rohloff but I only got voice-mail every time I tried to reach them.

In the end, I was very fortunate to have access to a laser cutter through a friend of mine. I ended up ordering some 410 stainless and designing my own rotors. After which, just a matter of placing the stock on the cutter's table, loading the file, hitting 'go', and pulling out a new rotor about 3 minutes later. I've only got about 100 miles on one of the new rotors we made but it has worked every bit as good as anything else I've ever ridden.

Roll-on Rohloff

On MTBR hiatus :(
    Hope, in the Los Angeles area, was taking orders for custom rotors back in '03 when I got this one made in a Rohloff 4-bolt pattern. A bunch of customization options, including lettering and a selection of patterns. Pretty quick turn around, although they messed up my order. I don't see the option on their web site any longer, but it would be worth a telephone call or email (http://www.HopeTechUSA.com):

speedub.nate
    MTBR Hiatus UFN

King of vegetarians
    Just thought you guys should now that universal has them back in stock now and I ordered a pair with pads last night
    Dompedro3 has the link above.
    www.blacksheepbikes.com