mtbr member

Who has combined the new style XTR, XT, or SLX levers with Saint 4-pot calipers?

Saw someone selling a set like this and it got me thinking about trying this on my Saints again. I'd really love to be able to mount my shifter to the brake as well... would I have to buy a new shifter or does it just screw into the existing mount?
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    It'll work. You'll gain the powers of the new levers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    It'll work. You'll gain the powers of the new levers.
    Powers as in, "There can be only one!"

Would have used a better scene but all the embed codes were disabled like this one:

Highlander - MacLeod receives The Prize - YouTube
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I did this a couple of months ago on my V-10.New xt levers and saint 4 piston calipers.I couldn't be happier.The new levers feel awesome.I don't know about the shifter though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Lu View Post
    I did this a couple of months ago on my V-10.New xt levers and saint 4 piston calipers.I couldn't be happier.The new levers feel awesome.I don't know about the shifter though.
    Thanks Brother Lu,
    Any chance you know what hose/ends I need parts number wise? I'm under the impression I cannot simply use a new olive with the new levers.
    "It looks flexy"

Commit or eat sh!t
    Several pros have been doing this for a while including Gwin. And if you wait until fall, you can get the 2013 Saints (prototype seen on Gwin's bike).

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    ^ Is that top loading? So they've gone full circle and came back to the XT/Grimeca calipers eh? I'd like to compare the 2013 Saint pistons to the old TX and see how different they are.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    ^ Is that top loading? So they've gone full circle and came back to the XT/Grimeca calipers eh? I'd like to compare the 2013 Saint pistons to the old TX and see how different they are.
    Ahhh, I was trying to figure out why I would want or care about the new ones. Top loading would be extremely nice when wanting to clean the pads and those damn pistons that get sticky so often!
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    Thanks Brother Lu,
    Any chance you know what hose/ends I need parts number wise? I'm under the impression I cannot simply use a new olive with the new levers.
    A new olive and insert is all you need.If your hoses are the correct length already,I'd be willing to bet you could just undo the hose from the stock lever,and plug it into the new lever

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    done a shimano zee caliper with an xt lever and i like its FAR better than the zee lever it came with.