mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Where can I find an I.S. to post brake adaptor for 203mm rotor?

I have a Fisher Piranha with a fork that has IS mounts. I'm currently running shimano disc brakes and I am going from a 6" rotor to 8" rotor. I need the I.S. to post brake adaptor to make it work(my front caliper accepts either style mount). The local LBS wants to charge $50 for this bracket. Is there anywhere you can get this bracket cheaper? thanks

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamabluez
    I have a Fisher Piranha with a fork that has IS mounts. I'm currently running shimano disc brakes and I am going from a 6" rotor to 8" rotor. I need the I.S. to post brake adaptor to make it work(my front caliper accepts either style mount). The local LBS wants to charge $50 for this bracket. Is there anywhere you can get this bracket cheaper? thanks
    What brake?

Sounds like any old Avid / Hayes / Shimano adaptor would work... this is usually a $10 part. What kind of bracket are they trying to sell you? Some of the manufacturers are indeed a lot more than Avid adaptors but $50 sounds nuts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The brakes are the new Shimano br-m486 that are on several of the Gary Fisher G2 hardtails. I thought my Tora was 74mm post mounts, but it is I.S. mounts.

Meh.
    The Shimano adapters are quite expensive, right around $50.

You should be able to get away just fine with Hayes adapters.