mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Wheel getting skewed when I brake..Help!!

Installed a new recon fork today and noticed that when I brake, the front wheel looks to be skewed, and is getting pulled towards the brake side. I re-tightened the QR to the same results. Upon closer inspection, I notice it looks like the wheel is sitting slightly closer to the brake side of the fork. The new fork has IS mounts, so I had to have a post to IS adapter installed to fit my post mount disc calipers. This is the only change in my setup. Any thoughts?
    -Don "LordDRIFT" Draper.

Waiting for my Obamabucks
    It sounds like you need to center your brakes if the wheel is on tight. Loosen the caliper mounting bolts, not the adapter bolts, squeeze the front braker lever, tighten said bolts while keeping pressure on the brake lever.
    Works easier with a friend but possible on the front. Works on the rear if you have really long arms.
    If that helps, it was your caliper mounting and it may take a little tweaking to get them directly centered.
    2010 Santa Cruz Blur LT2, Fox TALAS Terralogic, Fox RP23 shock, SRAM X0, XTR Trail Brakes, Stans/Chris King Wheelset

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    ^^ Okay I will try this - too bad I'm at work now. I don't know if it matters, but I have mechanical discs with the one moving pad.
    -Don "LordDRIFT" Draper.