mtbr member
    Feb 2008

What are your favorite Alligator/Ashima rotors ?

I was looking at alligator.com & Ashima's website at the many different models/colors they offer and thought to post up a thread about them. Most are only available on Ebay and are sold by Taiwan dealers of the ones that can be found, and some don't seem to be available anywhere. I haven't tried to contact Alligator or Ashima directly but I will soon.(Will post results in this thread) I know pricepoint.com has a few models too. Anybody had any experience with them? What are your favorites? Are they durable?
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I haven't had any experience with either but the Ashima products have really caught my interest. I'm curious what peoples experiences are. I'm looking at some of their rotors.

I'm Slow
    The review section might help, but there aren't many reviews.
    Brake Rotors Reviews
    RideSAMBA.com Mountain Biking in South Alabama.

psycho cyclo addict
    I've been running a front 160mm Ashima rotor for probably 1 year and have no complaints. Some grouse about munching brake pads with them. I have the original 2009 Juicy 7 pads and they are doing fine. They are $12.98 on Amazon - just be careful about $hipping. Got mine w/ free shipping last year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Not much yet-

So far I have tried to go on alligator's U.S, distributor's website (under construction-named Primo), and asked Pricepoint if they could special order some (no-go).So far it's Ebay for some. I will try Amazon as the fellow poster said.the Taiwan Ebay shops have some, but I haven't seen much U.S. based yet.I'm liking Alligator's Aries and Starlite color rotors a lot.
    Last edited by zarr; 02-02-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Just hit it with speed
    AAWYEAH.com

They have the rotor above, only Origin 8, but one and received in hand.

$13.50 w/ shipping

No ride report yet.
    Don't hate on the minivan!!!!!!!

I'm currently running the Windcutter (saw blade shape) titanium nitride coated rotors on one bike. I got them because they were half the price of Avid rotors. I like them because the Avid G2 and G3 rotors would make noise with metallic pads. The Alligator rotors are quiet despite the pad material. An added bonus is that the saw blade looks really cool.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    ya, i got the cheapo Alligator wind cutters.. work fine, actually I think better than the Avid's and weigh a whole lot less.

got them through Pricepoint.com.. purchased a bunch of stuff through them. Never had an issue.

Life Is Short
    alligator wavy fan here bought 8 203mm ones from pricepoint. here is one set that I had since early 2010, used it in big bear over a dozen times, no problemas. cheap, reliable and wavy, why pay more for Avids its all made in Taiwain anyways
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    The Alligator Aries are pretty good. Very light (77g for 160mm) but last a long time. They do chew through non-metallic pads quickly though.