mtbr member
    Jun 2010

What Rotors Should I Pair to My SRAM XX Brakes

Currently my xx brakes make noise on my Remedy 9.9. I want to try to change out the rotor. What high end rotor do you recommend while considering weight and the fact I ride these on technical single track (I will use 180 front and back).

Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Really, no one has any recommendation on the most amazing rotors that are light weight, have great stopping ability and most of all quiet SRAMs infernal squealing. Just a little help please.

mtbr member
    I'd say Ashima rotors
    Niner Jet 9
    Santa Cruz Highball Carbon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by surfstar1 View Post
    Really, no one has any recommendation on the most amazing rotors that are light weight, have great stopping ability and most of all quiet SRAMs infernal squealing. Just a little help please.
    No such beast. You can do like many have done, cut your losses and replace the brakes. Or search for a solution here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'd go with Shimano ice tech rotors. Just make sure you get the Shimano levers and calipers to go with. In reality I don't think other rotors help too much. I ve swapped around a few with one bike in my stable. Went from clean sweep to roundagon and is only lightly better. Maybe try organic pads.

Happy Trails
    Quote Originally Posted by someoldfart View Post
    I'd go with Shimano ice tech rotors. Just make sure you get the Shimano levers and calipers to go with.
    Truth.

mtbr member
    I'd go with Shimano ice tech rotors. Just make sure you get the Shimano levers and calipers to go with. In reality I don't think other rotors help too much. I've swapped around a few with one bike in my stable. Went from clean sweep to roundagon and is only lightly better. Maybe try organic pads.
    This is my experience exactly. Rotor swap (i finally settled on magura storm sl) only reduced the noise slightly. Organic pads reduced it more, but, at a loss of stopping power and they wore quickly. I really think its a gamble of pad type, frame, and rotor. Too many variables to get them to be silent and not all combos work the same.

You will probably spend more time and money trying to get them to work than if you just get a new brakeset. I have.

inexperienced at large
    Apr 2011

Re: What Rotors Should I Pair to My SRAM XX Brakes

I'd go with Shimano ice tech rotors. Just make sure you get the Shimano levers and calipers to go with. In reality I don't think other rotors help too much. I ve swapped around a few with one bike in my stable. Went from clean sweep to roundagon and is only lightly better. Maybe try organic pads.
    You beat me to it. But I was going to say, "more like which Shimano brakes will you get with your new ice tech rotors?"