mtbr member
    Apr 2007

What levers to pair with Saint BR-M800 calipers?

I just scored a pair of Saint M800 calipers for super cheap and curious what levers I should I pair them with? What various levers would they be compatible with? Also, I have some Hope 203mm rotors, they should work with the Saint calipers as well correct? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Im leaning towards the M975 XTR levers as those are compatible but just curious what other options there are out there
    Last edited by Duff Man; 09-30-2008 at 09:48 AM.

mtbr member
    Any Shimano lever will work with the right hose and fitting. Jenson has a few different, the 05-07 XT levers @ 79 come with the right hoses. The Siant claipers are the same as the XT, but a different color. I believe you would different connectors for the 07 LX @39, and the 2008 XT or SLX. The latter 3 all use the BH-59 hose.

If your Saint calipers came with 203mm mounts, you should be good with the Hope rotors.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    2008 XT levers (775) dont work with any of the older style calipers or many of the newer ones according to Shimano.

They did come with the 203mm mounts although the front is an IS mount and I need a PM so I will need that. I think Im gonna stick with the XTR 975 levers over the older XT levers since I can get them for a great price.

mtbr member
    Good to see you have a plan! BTW, there were other hear who have great experiences with 2008 XT levers on other flavors of older calipers. If that is of interest, do a search.
    good luck!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Duff Man
    2008 XT levers (775) dont work with any of the older style calipers or many of the newer ones according to Shimano.

They did come with the 203mm mounts although the front is an IS mount and I need a PM so I will need that. I think Im gonna stick with the XTR 975 levers over the older XT levers since I can get them for a great price.

AFAIK, the warning is for use with the old xt 755 4-pot calipers....

I have a set of 775 levers with 765 calipers and they work perfectly (had this setup for over a year)