get down!

What do I need to bleed Shimano XT BR-M775 brakes?

I need new cables, a bleed kit and the mineral oil.

I have googled and searched and nothing shows up. On the line it says SM-BH59 but when I search for that product it says that it's for a specific brake caliper and lever (not mine). Or if there is a better line for the same (or close) cost that I should look at.

I did find the bleed kit, but was wondering if anyone uses another kind of mineral oil.

Also I need the rear adapter for IS180 mm brakes...and this might be a dumb question, but do they make an adapter for 185mm rotors and/or is it okay to run 185s with the 180 adapter? Or do I need to plan on buying new rotors too?

Thanks in advance.
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

Dream it, Do it.

Just the mineral oil & time

I bled my XT 775s with just the bottle of mineral oil, clear plastic medical tubing running into a plastic bag to catch the oil being bled out, and the piston block to keep the pistons from pushing out of the calipers. You open up the brake lever cover, attach the tubing to the bleed nipple on the calipers and insert the tubing into the plastic bag. Before you open up the bleed nipple, make sure you have your mineral oil ready so you can keep the reservoir in the brake levers topped up as the old mineral oil runs out so you don't draw air into the brake lines. Squeeze the brake levers from time to time to clear air bubbles out of the caliper pistons. Once your oil runs clear, then you should be done assuming there are no air bubbles coming out.