mtbr member

What disc system for Bianchi Grizzly?

I have a 2001 grizzly - it came with V-brakes but I`d like to upgrade to discs. The frame has a disc tab, but what I would like to know is... what disc system will fit the frame without a trial and error adaptor headache? Are there any calipers that were made specifically for this frame? Just bold on and forget-about-it. Thanks.

mtbr member
    I assume it has the international standard mount...two through holes positioned so that if you poke a long screw through them the screw would go into the spokes.

As for the specific brand, I am a big fan of Avid Mechanicals. They are slightly heavier than some (but not all..) hydros, but they are reliable, inexpensive, reliable, easy to set up, and did I mention they are reliable? I have used Hayes and XTR hydros, and did not notice a difference. Sure, they feel slightly smoother while standing in the showroom and delicately squeezing the lever, but when you're bombing down the trail and need to scrub off some speed before that rock garden you will NOT notice the tiny difference in lever feel.