mtbr member
    Oct 2008

What bracket for avid bb5 to fox shox?

I recently purchased a new fox fork and am having a hard time finding the correct bracket I need to mount my Avid BB5's. All of the Avid brake mounts I'm finding online are a "side" mount(Meaning the bolts go in perpindicular to the wheels.) The Fox shock is a direct post mount meaning the bolts go in parrallel to the wheels. Any advice or knowledge about this would be great.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

With a post mount fork....

it depends on the size of the rotor your are using. If you are using a 160mm rotor you don't need an adaptor, the caliper with cps washers in place mount directly to the post mounts and that's all you need. You'll only need adaptors if you are running a larger rotor, i.e 185 or 203mm. In which case just about any online store that carries Avid brakes will have the adaptors. Like this place... http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...78&category=20 ... The mount pictured at the top of the page is actually a 185mm PM adaptor. The item numbers you would need depending on your rotor size are the 178-42808 for a 185mm rotor, or 178-42812 for a 203mm rotor. But, like I said earlier, if you are running a 160mm rotor, just mount the caliper directly to the post mounts and you're in business.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Awesome and thank you sir.