mtbr member
    Jul 2011

What adapter should i get to mount 203mm...

2011 X-Fusion Vengeance with a 203mm rotor. What caliper adapter should I get? The mounting tabs look to be inline with the shock tubes on the X-Fusion, but my RockShox Pike has the top mounting tab about 1" off the shock body. Thres no way im decreasing the size of the front rotor, so how do I make this work? Also kind of off topic, Ive read that there are a few name variations to the disc mounts, whether it be on the fork or rear tri...IS mounts, 51mm, 74mm, what are they talking about?? NEED INPUT!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Okay the Xfusion Vengeance has 74mm post mounts, your Pike has 51mm IS mounts. It's easy to tell the difference. The post mounts have threaded holes drilled straight into the post toward the front of the fork. IS mounts or tabs have un-threaded holes drilled cross wise. And post mounts measure 74mm from center to center of the threaded holes, IS mount measure 51mm from center to center of the holes.

So what you need is simply a front 74mm post mount adapter for a 203mm rotor.

As for the difference take a look at your Xfusion and then take a look at the rear brake on your bike or your Pike. The Xfusion, as noted has a 74mm Post Mount, as do most modern forks anymore. The rear brake is likely a 51mm IS Mount, and from your description so is the Pike. There are a few manufacturers that produce frames with Post Mounts, but they are few and far between.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Chronic 1st-timer
    IS Mounts:

Post Mounts:
    Les grimpées, je les déteste!