MK_
    carpe maņana

New question here. Weight difference between XTR M988 and XT M785 Disc Brake Lever

Can anyone tell me the weight difference between the XTR M988 Trail lever and XT M785 lever? Price difference is 100%. Wondering how much weight I'd be saving by doubling my expense and the weight in general. I've got a set of XT 4 pot calipers kicking around and sounds like they work awesome with the new lever.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Confirm that they will work before purchase. New stream uses a different hose. I am unsure of the fittings

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i know for a fact that both Shimano and sram keep effective mc piston diameter the same, so it will work, though you have to match fittings.

the weight differences of the complete system is 240g vs 300g, with the xt 2 piece calipers vs the mono block on the xtr i would imagine your not saving more then 10-20g on each lever.

i would probably go xt if your using 4 pot calipers anyway you cant be to much of a weight weenie - they are the best brakes i have ever used- though i haven't gotten my hands on a pair of m988s yet, just the m985.