mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Wanting to switch to disc

I have a 2000 GT Saddleback that I want to put a set of Avid BB7's on . I have a different fork with a disc mount & a set of wheels set up for disc.My issue is the rear. I searched the forum and everywhere else trying to find an adapter for the rear and I didnt come up with anything. I cant post pics right now of the frame because I am at work,but I will try to when I get home. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the switch on this frame or am I out of luck? I know that most people wouldnt upgrade this bike,but I bought it new and still really like riding it ,but would just like to upgrade some of the parts. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    DIY - Do It Yourself.
    make a mounting bracket. or use something like:
    http://2btherapy.com/index.php/bikes...conversion-kit

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I built up an 01 IF deluxe that did not have disc mount on the rear and I am running BB7 brakes on the front and v brakes on the rear. I though that the combination might be uncomfortable, but it really is working out ok. The pull and the modulation feels pretty close and the bike doesn't look that odd. The biggest issue is wheel selection is pretty limited.

When I have the frame repainted, I will probably have disc mounts added but for now, it is fine.