mtbr member

V-brake woes on Spec. FSR XC

Just purchased '07 Specialized FSR XC Women's small for my wife. Bought for frame - only Women's small within 40 miles of us - can upgrade down the road.

First day out rear drive side arm pulled pad to the rim and rubbed with every bob of the shock - not while braking! (cable gets pushed out to left and pulls right arm to the rim).

Have to keep to much pressure in shock to prevent it - defeats the purpose of upgrade from her hardtail.

I adjusted the pads out so there is about 3 mm's or so of space to prevent it for the time being. This is obviously killing brake power.

Any suggestions for the current setup? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!

A Guy Who is Going Places
    Your cable run is too short.
    http://www.anthonysloan.com

Isaiah 15:5

There are many good bike companies out there, and I work for one of them.

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    take it back to the shop, explain what's happening and they should install a new cable for free. a noob must have assembled it. guy could be awesome at putting together hardtails or road bikes, but no one told him to leave extra brake cable. that's a good and upgradable bike, simple assembly error, should be fixed with no hassle on their end.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Thanks guys - appreciate the heads up. As markf points out these guys are hard tail guys - that could be why. heading to VT for a weekend of ridin' - so gotta this straightened out.