mtbr member
    Mar 2009

V Brake Question

The other day I unhooked my front V break to take the wheel off and since I've put it back on the one arm of the break isnt bouncing back and is now hugging the rim. I was wondering if anyone had any idea of how to fix this.

Thanks for any help anyone can give

Single Speed Junkie
    There are multiple things that could be going on here. any pics?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    No but I'll snap some pictures tomorrow

PCC
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Check your brake return springs. Either you didn't get one hooked up or you got the cable between it and the arm.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    if what PCC said doesn't work, you might have to adjust the tension. There's little screws sticking out the sides of the base of each arm. 1 screw per arm. These adjust the tension. Tightening one increases tension and loosening has the opposite effect. So if you have to adjust them, first try loosening up the one that isn't rubbing, and remember to give the brake lever a good squeeze after every adjustment. It'll probably be a combination of loosening the one side and tightening the side that's rubbing. Its relatively simple, just make sure you use a good screw driver so that you don't strip those screws.

If you need more visual explanation, you can probably just google "v-brake adjustment" and get something.
    Jarrod