mtbr member
    May 2011

Upgrading from 160mm to 180mm rotor

Quick question about a brake upgrade:

I want to change the 160mm rotor on a RS Sektor fork to 180mm (Avid Juicy 3 brakes).

Will an item that bears this description on Amazon get the job done:

Avid 20mm CPS Mounting Bracket for 180mm Post Mount Front and 160/180/200mm Post Mount Rear

Thanks.

Faster it.
    Only if the Sektor fork is a post mount, then yes that will work

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks, Raine. Yes, it's a post mount.

I was thrown off by the fact that the Amazon description specifies 160/180/200 for the rear but "only" 180 for the front.

Probably wasn't written too carefully. In any case, it's on its way, so I'll know for sure in a few days.

Faster it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-80 Rider View Post
    Thanks, Raine. Yes, it's a post mount.

I was thrown off by the fact that the Amazon description specifies 160/180/200 for the rear but "only" 180 for the front.

Probably wasn't written too carefully. In any case, it's on its way, so I'll know for sure in a few days.
    Yeah when it comes to buying bike-specific things on Amazon, sometimes it's convenient because of how Amazon works (especially Prime!) but sometimes you come across an item with a really good price - but the lack of a specific description makes it difficult to pull the trigger, especially if the seller doesn't even put a part number down for the item!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Raine, you were right. Just got the adapter. On the box, it says "160 direct to 180."

Just what I needed--too bad the Amazon description didn't say that.

Faster it.
    I wish it was mandatory for online shopping sites (Amazon, ebay, etc.) to have to list the actual manufacturers part number somewhere in the description... some do which is great - some don't, and some have their own inventory numbering system where they use their own "item number" that has nothing to do with the actual manufacturer part #