Ride Instigator

Bonking ... not feelin' well Ultimate Lever Price Increase??!!...

I've had a lusting for Avid Ultimate levers for a while now but have been stalling because it seemed that the price is a bit steep and maybe they'd come down. Jenson had them priced at $115 for as long as I can remember and yesterday I was going to bite the bullit and order them but they have them priced at $200. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow...hopefully it's a typo.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.aspx?i=BL708A03

Geez, first Shimano prices go nuts...then CK... and now Avid??? Ugggh!

Turner Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricko
    I've had a lusting for Avid Ultimate levers for a while now but have been stalling because it seemed that the price is a bit steep and maybe they'd come down. Jenson had them priced at $115 for as long as I can remember and yesterday I was going to bite the bullit and order them but they have them priced at $200. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow...hopefully it's a typo.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.aspx?i=BL708A03

Geez, first Shimano prices go nuts...then CK... and now Avid??? Ugggh!
    Damm talk about inflation. Just call them up and see if that is the true price, and you never know maby they would give you a little price break. If worse comes to worse, you may just have to shop around, and see if you could find a cheaper price. Good luck.
    Dave

mtbr member
    there is a thread in the best deals forum about jenson and their price increases. i would just give them a call and see what they say. they seem great about pricing.

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by in the flesh?
    there is a thread in the best deals forum about jenson and their price increases. i would just give them a call and see what they say. they seem great about pricing.
    Yeah, they'l price match and BeyondBikes has 'em priced on their website @$129. I shoulda' jumped on them when Jenson had 'em for $115 though errrrrrrr! I talked to Larry @ mtnhighcyclery a coupla' months ago and I'm pretty sure he said he could do them for $129. When it comes down to this point, I'd rather support my LBS...even though he's a thousand miles away .

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Pricepoint also has them for $129

... though they are on backorder.