None shall pass.....

New question here. Types of Magura Blood Oil?

I am looking at buying some Blood Oil for my Martas. The type on the website is"Royal" Blood Oil. I have found some other oils at various online retailers. Specifically "Green" and "Blue" Blood Oil. Anyone know the difference? Anyone have alternatives that they know work in Magura brakes?

Thanks...
    Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time... You silly English KI-NIGGIT

Bodhisattva
    The Magura blood was the same as finish line 5# shock oil.

The new Royal Blood is, as I understand it, distinctly unique. It really doesn't cost too much & I see no reason why you should use anything else. Bleeding is a bit of a chore and you wouldn't want to do it again, or worse, ruin your brakes.
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

― Albert Einstein

None shall pass.....

Difference?

Thanks for the info. Do you know the difference between the Blue and Green version. It is Magura oil, just two different types.

Thanks

Bodhisattva
    Blue: latest & greatest. Been around for two years. Better temperature range & higher boiling point. Definitely resists fade & pump-up better than the old stuff as well as staying less viscous at colder temps.

The older stuff caused slow lever feel at freezing temps & also heated up more quickly which led to fade & lever pump-up.

The new stuff is really that much better & I've been using it exclusively since launch.

Think of it this way...if you have a Porsche you could use 87 octane fuel, but would you really want to?

― Albert Einstein

None shall pass.....

Thanks, but...

Just want to make sure I understand your post. The latest stuff on the magura website is the "Royal" oil. Your last post said you think the "blue" is the latest. Is it the Blue that you are using, or the Royal?

Thanks

Bodhisattva
    Yes.

Royal = Blue

Old stuff was green or red.

― Albert Einstein

None shall pass.....

Great help

Thanks for the help!