mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Twisted Braided Hose

Hi,

Just had some Goodridge hoses fitted to my Tech M4's. LBS did this whilst not on the bike itself. When I have come to fit them on the bike, they do not seem to lay naturally but are slightly twisted (not kinked) and seem held in an un-natural position. Can I just release the connections that grip the hose, rotate it to a position where there is no tension on it and re-tighten? i do not mean release where the hose bolts to the MC but the fitting that connect to the actual hose. If this is the correct method ill I also need to bleed the brakes afterwards?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Hi,

You can undo the sleeve on the fitting at the caliper end, just go 1/2 turn at a time until you can twist the hose slightly on the bayonet fitting, and then re-tighten. Bit of trial and error may be necessary, but if you just release the sleeve very slightly there is no need to re-bleed!

Good luck

nowthen

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Nowthen, Thanks thats what I thought I should do, only difference was that as it was twisted at the lever end, I would release it slightly there,adjust and re-tighten without the twist. Is there any difference between ends apart from the caliper being a banjo?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    mmm no difference really, I just always find it easier to fit the lever, get the routing of the hose as i like it all the way down to the caliper then just adjust the hose from that end. Your mileage may vary however...