rth009
    May 2010

TruckerCo brake pads

I need new brake pads for my XT M-775 disc brakes. HAs anybody used the TruckerCo Semi-Metallic compound brake pads. I can get 2 pair for 20 bucks off ebay. Thanks for any advice

Viva la Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by rth009 View Post
    I need new brake pads for my XT M-775 disc brakes. HAs anybody used the TruckerCo Semi-Metallic compound brake pads. I can get 2 pair for 20 bucks off ebay. Thanks for any advice
    Did you end up buying them, and if so what do you think?
    I am debatimng between the TruckerCo and the serfas http://www.serfas.com/product_details.asp?ID=158

Please let me know what brand you ended buying and if you can tell the difference from the original shimanos.

Thank you in advance
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am using them on one bike with bb7 and another bike with juicys. I think they work well

rth009
    May 2010
    Ive been running them on the rear for a couple hundred miles or so and have had no problems. good price at 10 each, shipped. I'd buy 'em again over the $27 I paid in a pinch at the lbs for shimano resin pads

Viva la Vida!

The Best deal is not always the best quality.

I just want to know how the overall quality compares to the OEM ones the ones that came with the brakes.
    Heat disipation ( on really long lasting downhills), duration ( How mnay miles), modulation (Firm and responsive), noise ( None at all), and mostly breaking power when wet dirty and muddy, I am a Clydesdale) if the quality is similar then it is a great deal but if the breaking power is not equal I rather spend the money and get the best braking power I can't get.

Can you notice and detrimental differences?

rth009
    May 2010
    I dont pay as much attention as it sounds like you do, but I'll try to be a bit more descriptive. I weigh in at about 210 with gear. They are on a Salsa Big Mama (4" travel fs) Ive only used them on three days of riding with big downhills (including at least 6 1500' + descents) and I noticed no difference between shimano pads, they were quiet and I had great braking power. The same is true on my usual techy/roller coaster trails that I ride 3-5 times a week. I dont know how long they'll last because Ive got 300 or so miles on them, but I think they work great. I would definitely buy them again.

Viva la Vida!
    Thank you very much for the detailed description that is exactly what I wanted to hear I guess that for the price I will be giving them a try.

LDH
    mtbr member
    I like them a lot and if you get the ones with the aluminum back plates you shed some weight too. I only run the semi-metallics.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Bonking ... not feelin' well

none for my m755 4 pot brakes that i could find...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    what a silly name they chose,as a truck driver i know heavy duty truck parts.not what i would want on my bike!! however i got a set of their al.backed pads f+r for my elixir xo and first thing i noticed is that they seem to grip better than any other pads i have used including avid oem ebd red and gold alligator and others i also have never heard any noise from them either wet or dry.i used to replace pads every 6 to 16 weeks.the trucker co pads have been on my bike for 14 months and i have just ordered a new set.most of my riding is done in dry weather but the few times i was out in the rain i had no problems with them at all,i have not used them in mud.

same company also sell esi silicone grips those are the best i have ever used.the rubber once i used to get would last 4 to 6 months.their esi silicone grips are soft shock absorbing and have been on my bike for 3 years now and are still not worn at all.

who is truckerco ? i have newer heard of them anywhere but the stuff i have bought from them seems to outperform anything else out there!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The stock pads that came with my Shimano XT 775's were horribly loud. I replaced them with Truckers and they have an excellent feel, and have been super quiet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I have used them (semi-met) on my Magura Martas. Only on the rear but stop very well. They seem to wear a little faster than Magura but for the price (about 3 to 1) I will use them...