Thread: TRP Rotors

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

TRP Rotors

Are any rotoers better then others?
    Has anyone used TRP rotors?

mtbr member
    My Ice Tech work great and are cheap about $96 shipped (blue sky cycle 180/160 6 bolt). Seem to keep the heat off and no noise yet. Using XT finned trail brakes.

Mark
    2012 XXL Carve Expert

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by millertm View Post
    My Ice Tech work great and are cheap about $96 shipped (blue sky cycle 180/160 6 bolt). Seem to keep the heat off and no noise yet. Using XT finned trail brakes.
    How is that "cheap"? TRP rotors are only $50 a pair from Universal Cycle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboy23 View Post
    How is that "cheap"? TRP rotors are only $50 a pair from Universal Cycle.
    Sorry, $100 is not too much money to throw at rotors in my book. While I do live on a buget I will spend for quality. On a bike that costs $1650, $300 is not much for a full brake upgrade. I had the M446's and went full XT. I also dropped $75 for both XT shifters. I am very happy with my upgrades however, I am now saving for the 2013 Mavic Crossmax ST 29's. That will be a hard $800 or so for me to spend.

Mark
    2012 XXL Carve Expert

DIY all the way
    Take a look at SIC rotors. They are officially going to be available in like a month.

Those will sure be the best rotors on the market for a long while.

Magura

mtbr member
    im waiting for more info and review on the SiCcc rotors, their kickstart is still going for a few more days. 180mm/160mm 2 pcs rotors delivered to canada for 180.00... not bad, im just curious about longevity and continued performance. I have a feeling they are going to chew up certain kinds of break pads, but being that the SiCcc rotors can take more heat and stress then anything ells maybe they will offer a pad option in time aswell.
    2012 Giant Reign 1

DIY all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinGB View Post
    im waiting for more info and review on the SiCcc rotors, their kickstart is still going for a few more days. 180mm/160mm 2 pcs rotors delivered to canada for 180.00... not bad, im just curious about longevity and continued performance. I have a feeling they are going to chew up certain kinds of break pads, but being that the SiCcc rotors can take more heat and stress then anything ells maybe they will offer a pad option in time aswell.
    If you read the thread, and the thread about the one I made, you will find answers to those questions.

Magura

mtbr member
    Good thread thanks for throwing you hat in Mr.M.

Im still going to wait and sit on the fence and see how the mass market reacts to them, as cool as they are im just not hardcore enough on any front to require these. But maybe in a few ears when my current rotors are done it will go on my x-mas list.
    2012 Giant Reign 1