mtbr member

Trek 4300 V-Brakes - Unbalanced After Front Wheel Remove?

Hey guys. I've been having a bit of an issue with the stock Tektro V-brakes on my 2008 Trek 4300. The front wheel is attached via a quick release and I've removed it a couple of times to make the bike easier to fit in the car (no rack). Both times, after taking the bike out and re-installing the front wheel, I have found my brakes to be leaning heavily to one side and causing of lot of rub. I was able to solve the issue temporarily by adding/removing spacers from one brake pad and adjusting the cable tension, but as soon as I un/reinstall the wheel, the problem appears again. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Both times I made sure to have the quick release torqued to the same degree when reinstalling as when I took the wheel off; there wasn't anything in the car leaning on the bike that would have pushed the brakes out of whack. I'm clueless

Never trust a fart
    Your issue is caused by not getting the wheel fully centered in the fork or the wheel is out of true. Unless something is bent with the brakes, you should not have to adjust anything with the brake pads.

mtbr member
    Did you put the wheel on the same way, as in, quick release to the same side?