Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

is there an adaptor for Forumula B4 IS mount to post mount

754 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  STS 
#1 ·
If I got a Forumla B4 Pro front brake caliper with IS mounting is there an adaptor available to allow mounting on a Manitou fork with post mount?

I've been to Thorusa.com and see an adaptor for post mount to IS but not the other way around.

Thanks

#2 ·
They are available. I have one from Magura but they are also available from A2Z and others. The catch is you have to use a 20mm larger rotor than what you're using now. So if you have 160mm rotor up front, you'll need a 180mm with the adapter. Your other option would be to check with Thorsen on the cost of a new post mount caliper. Or possibly selling the entire front brake and buying a new one with post mount.

#3 ·
I have a brand new one from Thorsten I'm never going to use. PM me if interested. As Homebrew says it will only work with the larger rotor though. You can't get an adapter to go from the IS B4 caliper to the post mount fork with a 160mm rotor, as the spacing simply doesn't work.

#4 ·
What about this option

So the set I'm looking at is a B4 IS front, and a B4 rear which is a post mount that comes with an IS adapter to allow it to be used with a 160mm rotor.

And I have a Manitou front fork.

Can I take the rear caliper which is post mount and use it on my Manitou fork, and then take the front caliper which is IS mount and put it on the rear and use it with a 140mm rotor?

Right now the set is set up Euro style, so I can do this w/o having to change the levers around, but I will have to change hose lengths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.