mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Swivel Spigot for Maguras? (Paging tscheezy!)

Tscheezy had a cool modification on his Magura Louise FRs that would really cleanup the lines on my 'blade.
    Post yer 'Pack, Punk!

Anyone know where you can get this swivel fitting on the caliper side of the brake line?

No, that's not phonetic
    I assume you are talking about the 90 degree fitting at the caliper end of the hose? The brakes come with that. Well, at least most of the Louise FR brakes do. The regular Louises come with the 0 degree fitting (sticks straight out of the caliper). The caliper end fitting is permanently press fit onto the hose, so it is not a compression fitting like on the brake lever end, so you have to buy the entire hose with it already stuck on. Magura can sell you the hose with that fitting. Go to MaguraUSA.com and get the contact info. Jimi will help you out.

Warning: the hose may be expensive.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Bodhisattva
    Actually, they come with the 203 stock setup. The 180 setup doesn't have it.
    I bet they can be ordered directly from Magura USA.
    Last edited by The Squeaky Wheel; 04-06-2005 at 12:40 AM.
    Life....the original terminal illness

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Thanks!

Yeah, a buddy just got the 180mm FR and they came with the straight connection. Will have to give Jimmy a call and see what they want for that line.
    Thanks for the info!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Actually, they come with the 203 stock setup. The 180 setup doesn't have it.
    I bet they can be ordered directly from Magura USA.
    Yea mine don't have those either, but my set was pre 210/190 and then I got adapaters and such..... luckily the line routing follows either the chain or seat stay so they still look clean. I need to get some pics of my bike...... Tscheezy, that first shot with the moss is spectactular, reminds me of a Sterling Lorence photo.
    Pat T.

Lookin for that extra can
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EndoBikr
    Yeah, a buddy just got the 180mm FR and they came with the straight connection. Will have to give Jimmy a call and see what they want for that line.
    Thanks for the info!
    Being the afore mentioned buddy, I thought I'd add on what EndoBikr and I learned while trying to fix this brake line issue on the cheap. The new lines direct from Magura run $51 each. Also, Magura confirmed the comment above that the 90 degree hose fitting comes standard with the 190mm and larger rotors.

First, here is a picture of the problem. Notice the front brake line is nearly parallel to the ground and the rear brake line is perpendicular to the ground. Both ends of the bike are just begging to hook a branch, rock, root, or small rodent and leave me brake-less out in the boonies. Paranoid?

We searched hydraulic shops, called Goodridge, called Magura, and went to a large dirt bike parts shop looking for a male to female elbow fitting or a cheap hose with a banjo fitting. We had no luck finding parts for a hose this small. It seems there is no alternative other than to buy the lines from Magura with the 90 degree fitting. Spending another 50-some bucks for each brake seems ludicrous!

--rip

Let's ride SuperModerator
    It will give you an excuse to shoot that rr brake line through the seat arch.

Yep, an extra $50 seems out of line.

No, that's not phonetic
    I have bought a few sets of the 210/190 Louise FR brakes off eBay for $240 each set. You could do that, pick and choose rotors sizes and hoses, and sell off the residual set, and maybe not be out any cash. I had to swap some of hoses around between my two sets of FRs and my set of Louises to find a combo which made each bike happy.

Suffice it to say, if you run a Louise/FR caliper with the #15 adapter, the 90 degree hose fitting is highly desireable.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.