Riiiiiide...

Swissstop Disc pads

Do these need any kind of special bedding in procedure???
    They are a Ceramic/Kevlar/Brass/Resin mixture, so this is why i ask. I seem to be getting a strange vibration when i brake hard with the front brake (well also with the rear brake but not as much).
    Im thinking its maybe just the tires grabbing the cement and therefore shaking everything about? The 'metally' noise i hear when i brake im not to worried about because i guess its normal for this kind of pad.. or maybe its partly do to the vibration.

Any ideas?

Riiiiiide...
    Reading some other posts on vibrations i came across a super description of the problem at hand ... turkey gobble!!!! Dead on.

Maybe ill just try lightly sanding the pads and rotors?? Which actually doesnt make sense to me since they are pretty new.

Riiiiiide...
    Well if nobody wants to answer my question then i will have too!!

Ive solved the problem. The rear disc is actually ok.. its just a slight sound from the special swisstsop pad compound. The front thats a different story...

Im using Shimano Hone brakes. When i upgraded to Swissstop i also upgraded the front rotor from 160 to 203mm. Thing is i didnt get a Hone rotor.. i was sent an XT rotor, which i didnt figure should be a problem. Today i realizes that the rotor arms contact the pads, hence turkey gobble. So now im back on 160 till i get a new rotor. Basically when comparing the Hone rotor to the XT, the narrowest part of the braking track on the Hone is Thicker than that of the XT, hence longer arms on the XT. Hence turkey gobble!!!

Most likely i will get a new rotor so i can keep using the swissstops, although another option is the shimano metallic pads, that should also help. Either way im ending up with extra disc brake parts lying around.. that aint so bad!

Simply put, this seems to be a problem between the swissstop pads and the 2006 XT 2033mm rotor.
    Hope this helps somebody.

Riiiiiide...
    Well i dont want to leave misleading information on here so i have to update this thread again. I talked to my lbs and he said that the rotor pad combination cannot be the problem. And since ive tried postioning the caliper properly several ways the only possible conclusion is an uneven disk brake mount. Luckily he has the special tool to fix that up so i should have a trouble free brake soon.