Wanna ride bikes?

Swapping brakes over

If I were inclined to swap the disk brakes off my trek 4300 to my Spec P All Mountain, how would I go about doing so?

Hates rain
    Are you asking for the procedure to do it or if you need to do anything special to make it fit?

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by mike11204
    Are you asking for the procedure to do it or if you need to do anything special to make it fit?
    Both, I don't really have any idea as to what exactly it entails

mtbr member
    It entails taking the brakes off one bike and installing them on another bike. Just unsrew some stuff and screw it in on the other bike. What specifically did you need to know, which way to turn the screwdriver?

mtbr member
    What brand are the brakes? A good first step would be to visit the manufacturer website to see whether you can download the install instructions. Reading those over would give you a good idea as to how to proceed. Once you know how to install the brakes, you'll also pretty much know what needs to be pulled off from the donor bike.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tillers_Rule
    It entails taking the brakes off one bike and installing them on another bike. Just unsrew some stuff and screw it in on the other bike. What specifically did you need to know, which way to turn the screwdriver?
    Way to be an a-hole to someone just trying to figure something out. Reminds me of something I read on pinkbike.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanGennick
    What brand are the brakes? A good first step would be to visit the manufacturer website to see whether you can download the install instructions. Reading those over would give you a good idea as to how to proceed. Once you know how to install the brakes, you'll also pretty much know what needs to be pulled off from the donor bike.
    Thanks, that helped a lot