mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Stroker Rydes to Stroker Aces?

Hello all,
    Just as a bit of info. I currently have Hayes Stroker Rydes that came stock on my trance x3, and recently they have began to piss me off due to them fading rather quickly and not having quite enough power which has gotten me into problems more than a few times. Before i get flamed for my question, the trails I ride have a 3-5 mile fireroad climb before dropping into a 2+ mile descent averaging a couple hundred feet/ mile descending.

Time for the questions:
    Firstly: I want to confirm that the entire lineup of stroker's have the same master cylinder/ lever (minus adjustments) since I want to remove my Ryde calipers and replace them with Stroker Ace calipers, so would that would?

Secondly: Since I am going to spend the money on good brakes I want to use some top notch housing and I am looking at using Goodridge housing and it appears that I need the 105 kit. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you for your help,
    -Tyler

(ps sorry for the long-winded post)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    As it appears people on here aren't sure either I emailed Hayes and here is their response about the master cylinders:
    "The master cylinders for all of the Stoker brakes are exactly the same. Nothing internally with the design of the body changed between them" - Hayes Tech

I'll post the other information as I find it if anybody else needs to refernce this information it will be on this site.

slap happy
    sheesh. i just rec'd my Parker 1 with Stroker Rydes on it. do they really suck as much as everyone says they do?
    they're my first experience with hydro diskies, so i'm a newb when it comes to hydraulic brakes.
    fwiw, i mostly just bash around the local forests/trails so i don't need anything top of the line, so long as these are sufficient.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    As long as you pay close attention to setting them up (I found the only good way to do it is by listening for slight rubbing as you slowy manipulate the caliper) they work well. I have just been wanting a bit more power for those oh **** theres a turn moments. All in all for xc they are good brakes.

slap happy
    'kay.
    they're already built and installed. i spun up the wheels last night, no rubbing/binding at all....yet anyway.
    i must say, they do seem very grabby but then again they're not bedded in yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Did you ever get this mod done tyler?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Nope ran out funds at the time and recently looked at the data sheets for new primes that are coming in late April and feel that they are going to be a much better way to spend my money even though they are about 150 more. Mainly due to their adjust-ability and power in comparison to the aces.

Members who have read this thread: 0