screamer

Stripped formula k18 lever adjustment bolt

Hi all:
    So as the title says, I stripped the litttle 2mm bolt that allows for lever adjustment on my k18s. I know I can get a new set of bolt and fittings, but my question is how the heck do I get it out of there? The bolt appears to thread into the lever from the hose side, and there's a ball and socket connection at that end. So if I drill it out from the exposed lever end (where the 2mm Allen head is) it doesn't seem like that would get me anywhere.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Also the torx bolt on the bleed port is completely corroded and seized, but that's a separate problem. Figure that should be more straightforward to drill out, if a little messy once the fluid starts spurting out.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

screamer
    Bumpity
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie
    Hi all:
    So as the title says, I stripped the litttle 2mm bolt that allows for lever adjustment on my k18s. I know I can get a new set of bolt and fittings, but my question is how the heck do I get it out of there? The bolt appears to thread into the lever from the hose side, and there's a ball and socket connection at that end. So if I drill it out from the exposed lever end (where the 2mm Allen head is) it doesn't seem like that would get me anywhere.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Also the torx bolt on the bleed port is completely corroded and seized, but that's a separate problem. Figure that should be more straightforward to drill out, if a little messy once the fluid starts spurting out.
    You don't have to drill anything out to replace the 2mm bolt. Head over to the formula brake web site and get the instruction manual for your brakes. It tell you how to do it in there.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML