mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Straitline lever compatibility

So, I have Tektro brake levers and avid bb5 mechanical disc brakes... I like the straitline lever and am willing to switch brake lever handle to get the straitline, Does anyone know if it is compatible with any mechanical disc brakes? I couldn't find any... any one have any ideas short of switching to hydraulic?

Thanks,

Oh and this forum is excellent, very well done

T.W.O.
    No only certain model of hydros would fit the upgrade lever. I don't think any company makes upgrade for mech.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    As mimi1885 noted, Straitline doesn't make lever blade upgrades for standard cable brake levers. They only produce them for Hydro brakes unfortunately. There was a company a few years back that produced hydro lever blade upgrades and did produce a complete cable brake lever set with their blades installed as well. The name escapes me at that moment. But unfortunately they went out of business so the point is moot.

I'm not aware of anyone that makes lever blade upgrades for cable lever sets either.

I too wish that Straitline made either a complete lever or an upgrade blade for those cable levers (few and far between, but they're out there) with replaceable blades. I'd be willing to part with the $ for some nice levers like that. But I guess we can only wish eh!

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squash
    As mimi1885 noted, Straitline doesn't make lever blade upgrades for standard cable brake levers. They only produce them for Hydro brakes unfortunately. There was a company a few years back that produced hydro lever blade upgrades and did produce a complete cable brake lever set with their blades installed as well. The name escapes me at that moment. But unfortunately they went out of business so the point is moot.

Good Dirt
    I believe it was Dangerboy - you might be able to find some somewhere on the web if you are lucky...

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinS
    I believe it was Dangerboy - you might be able to find some somewhere on the web if you are lucky...
    You are right, the problem is finding one. I've not seen one in a while
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Straitline lever compatibility-2007-dangerboy-v-brake-leve.jpg  

T.W.O
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885
    You are right, the problem is finding one. I've not seen one in a while
    Trust me I've already tried. I couldn't find the dangerboy line up anywhere. I was just trying to find some bling red levers, didn't happen.

Members who have read this thread: 1