Ride, Sleep, Work
Stop LX Disc Brakes from rubing
I got my rear brake to stop rubbing. I just can not seem to get my front from rubbing. This brakes are new, ridden 5 times.
I have tried EVERYTHING.
1. Reset pistons and put business cards betwen the brakes pads.
2. Loosen mounting bolts, Reset pistons , put business cards in, squeeze lever 5-6 times retighten bolts.
I am out of ideas. I will try ALMOST anything!!!
just like a speeder-bike
Out of ideas? You're barely getting started! Seriously, to be totally free of rub on my XT's it's taken some experimenting... (and they still rub lightly when hot sometimes).
Originally Posted by MichaelW
1) Check your hub! if it's loose at all, tighten it. (That's what it took to fix my rear brake; tightening the hub, and then working on the caliper position again after that.)
2) Is your rotor warped at all? If it's only rubbing lightly in one spot, that may be the case... I've fixed mine my using a clean adjustable wrench to bend it into shape (sparingly, carefully).
3) I'm not sure if you've tried this: try looseing the bolts, centering the caliper by grabbing the lever, and then carefully tightening one bolt a little at a time (alternating between bolts). Or, try the same only centering by eyesight! (That fixed my front end, finally.)
4) Have a beer, then try it again.
-> SickLines.com <-
heres a tip that i use. Loosten the two bolts that hold the caliper so that it moves freely. Squeeze and hold the lever gently but securely. Then tighten the caliper bolts. Release the lever and it should be centered.
The system could be overfilled. Let a few drops out.