Fremen

Good job! still happy with em' after 2 seasons

I have to say that after riding over 2 seasons on my Avid BB7 mechanicals, I couldn't be happier with them! The 6" rotors work perfectly for stopping my 180lb. body & the cross-country type riding that I do. The SD-7 levers really give a lot of modulation too. I have to say these are the best things I've put on my hard-tail since front suspension. I sure don't miss that grinding noise my V brakes used to make after the rims got muddy, not to mention the loss of power. The brake pads last me a lot longer than my V pads & are super easy to change. When I bought the brakes I couldn't afford any of the others at the time, I mean c'mon $500 bucks for brakes!-give me a break. They have far exceede my expectations, a very superior product.
    [size=2]*Riding without internal combustion since 1991*[/size]

Anytime. Anywhere.

Bb7

I've been riding with the Avid mechanicals for 4 years and while I could afford some nice hydros I don't feel they are worth the hassle. I swap forks frequently and the esay setup makes this a breeze. I've got plenty of 1 finger power, modulation and no bleeding, ever. Downsides are that they are a bit heavy and don't have much bling factor. They have never kept me from riding, I can't say the same for friends hydros.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.