11 is one louder than 10

Sticky Marta Lever - Help, long past frustration

Starting to wonder if Marta's are worth it.

They work GREAT when working. The bleed process is simple, yet hell. Hayes are a pain, but once bled, they are bled.

Anyways, so I thought I had the rear bled yesterday. But then after a flat I flipped the bike and had air move up and kill the rear brake.

So, followed the bleed instructions to a tee. However, like a moron I pushed the piston all the way out during the reverse bleed. Pushed it back in and re-bled. Things seemed great. Even flipped the bike upside down and no air bubble.

However, now I have a lever that will not return all the way. Almost like the lever is sticky. Went to re-bleed (got air in this time of course), but the lever is still sticky.

Wondering if it's related to pushing that piston out too far. Or, if anyone has a tip.

Love the power, love the weight. Just want them bled and working. Heck, I wrenched in a shop for years(pre-discs), haven't had this type of problem. Thanks.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

There's no app for this.

First I'd

call Jimi at Magura. You're more of a bleedin' expert than I but sounds like the US dist. might help?

(800) 448-3876

good luck, Jim MCM#11

11 is one louder than 10

well...

Took all the fluid out, and re-bled them. The lever return is now 95% as quick as it was so I'm calling it good. I likely screwed something up during the bleed. The problem seems to be introduced when doing the reverse bleed. Maybe I let the master cylinder run too dry introducing an air bubble up high. We will see. I'm leaving it alone for now until my big ol bottle of magura blood shows up. I'm running low. I'm sure Jimi will have a better reason for it happening.
    "The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."