Noob
    Jan 2012

Star Wheel PCP Knob - Juicy 7 Carbon - HELP!

I want to replace the little red star wheel pad contact adjustment knob on my Juicy 7 Carbons (it is on the lever). These are old brakes, but I don't know exactly how old, since I bought them used. The model I have uses a plastic knob. In the later production years of this model, they started using aluminum knobs instead of plastic. I can order either online line but would prefer to use the aluminum version, if it would work. They look similiar, but that is just me looking at the online picture. So, has anyone out there made this switch? Will the aluminum version work or must I use the plastic one as a replacement?

Also, when I switch out the knob, does that break the system seal and mean a bleed will be required? Can I just unscrew it and screw in the new one with out a bleed?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by njdj; 03-01-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Noob
    Jan 2012
    Come on Avid brake experts....

Never enough time to ride
    The alloy one will work in any of the old Juicy models, and no you won't need to bleed the brake. Just pull the c-clip on the underside of the knob turn it out, make sure you don't lose the bushing under neath the c-clip, and turn the new one in, re-install the bushing and pop in the c-clip. All done.

happy trails...

squish

Noob
    Jan 2012
    Thank you Squish!