Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

spongy juicy 3's - what now?

754 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  XSL_WiLL 
#1 ·
I'm running juicy 3 sl's on my sx trail and normal juicy 3's on my P1. All mountain. I find that the first inch or so of pulling the lever nothing happens, but when the pads do bite, the levers feels incredibly spongy.

Now I've bled the juicy 3's on the P1 today and it feels a tad better but not much. I don't hold out much hope for the juicy's on the sx improving by much after I them bleed tomorrow. I found that they were inadequate when I went to Innerleithen, which has some steep techy sections, so much so that I had bad armpump after a couple of runs of just the lower section. I certainly felt that on the faster sections when I wasn't squeezing the crap out of the juicys that everything else seems okay.

So my plan is to get some new brakes for the sx. I've had juicy 7s before on my ecd and they were decent enough, but I'm not sure they will be strong enough for what I want; I want 1 finger braking as I have less travel than a full downhill bike so I have to work harder over the roots etc.

So should pay a bit for for codes? Does anyone have another suggestion for a set of brakes? I was thinking codes as I have the avid bleed kit.

I'm looking forward to hearing your replies.

Hazy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.