mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Speed Dial levers

Is there any difference in the SD 5's and the SD 7's besides the lever dial? I want some Avid levers and if I don't need the bling then I won't buy the 7's. Thanks!!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    just to make sure...you do mean the "older" SD5 and not FR5, right? the SD 5 has the same dial as the SD7, .the dial make a pretty big difference in adjustment, but I suppose that otherwise they should use similar materials...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ...is there a big price difference between the -5s and the -7s? I have bought two pairs of SD-7s (one regular version, one ti version) for under $30 a pair...and would agree that having the dial on the levers does make for more adjustment ability of the levers, and is less about "bling".

Good levers tho. Just wish you could swap out the lever blades, as that's what I keep breaking hehe...

Tim

Meh.
    Sullycanpara, leave your controls a bit loose so that they can still rotate when you crash.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ...that's the funny thing, my levers CAN rotate, so I haven't a clue how I snapped off the lever....it both rotated AND snapped. I was trying to ride over a series of logs, so I'm not sure if the lever got caught in between logs or what...but it was a pain to break the lever nonetheless....and about 100m from the gravel rail trail and my ride home too... ugh!! hehe..

Tim