mtbr member

SLX Brakes with Hope Floating Rotors?

Will it work, or is there a difference between width of rotor and caliper not compatible? Also, with shimanos weird size for their rotors, is this another issue? I want beefy strong rotors that don't bend...

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    IIRC chinaman has used some floating rotors with shimano calipers.. search for his posts...

what do you mean with Shimano's weird sizes? 160mm, 180mm, 203mm seem pretty standard to me...

mtbr member
    well, compared to avids 185, ect... i haven't really checked hopes rotor sizes, but knew avid was not the same as shimano, so I didn't want to run into an issue... thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Hopes rotors are 183mm. From what I have read/heard you have to run either a Shimano 203mm front mount in the rear or try running a Hope 183mm rear mount with the Shimano caliper. that is the only size you would have an issue with though.

Underweight Rider
    SLX caliper + XT776 front wheelset+DT swiss CL adapter + hope 6"/8" floating rotors+fox 36 vanR = floating ring rubs on inner fork leg. I AM not goin to use an angle grinder on my fork just bcoz of the damn disc.
    I ordered a pair of 7/7 or 7/8inch XTR disc instead(they are about the same price as floating Hopes)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AznRider
    SLX caliper + XT776 front wheelset+DT swiss CL adapter + hope 6"/8" floating rotors+fox 36 vanR = floating ring rubs on inner fork leg. I AM not goin to use an angle grinder on my fork just bcoz of the damn disc.
    I ordered a pair of 7/7 or 7/8inch XTR disc instead(they are about the same price as floating Hopes)
    i dont really care about the bling and weight as much as the rotor not bending. my avids were so flimsy and would bend waaay quick, and i hated it. they were even bent out of the package. so, i want something that doesnt bend like avid; stiffer.