Bike to the Bone...

Silly Q.. what to expect after a bleed: Louises

I really think I have to bleed my Louises.

The problems I think I have is that the lever feels a little mushy when pulled and, I don't know if the bleed is the reason for this, or it's the way it is. Even if I use the BAT to make the pad make the earliest contact, I feel I have to pull too much the levers in order to pull it completely. This makes me keep the lever sort of far away from the bar in order to be able to pull the levers completely.

If I do a purge, is it likely that the amount of travel the lever has to do is shortened?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I just bled my Julies, which are very similar to the Louises. Sounds like you have some air in your system. After you purge all the air out, you should have nice, short lever pull. You will need this:http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...Bleed+Kit.aspx

mtbr member
    My Louise's are very slightly mushy feeling even after multiple bleeds, but you shouldn't need to pull the lever all that far for loads of power. I too was expecting a very stiff lever after a bleed, but it didn't happen. Just make sure that if you do decide to bleed, tap the caliper and lines to work all of the bubbles out.