mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Should i buy or should i wait?

Hi,
    Newbie here,
    i am wondering should i get the Deore M595 now for around 127usd?
    Or should i wait for 2012 Deore Brake ?(anyone know the price?)

I am using Tektro Novela mechanical disc brakes at the moment.

And what are Servo-wave? Do they really make a different?
    Other brakes recommendations are welcome too.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I'm kind of a newbie myself but here is my opinion
    I replaced the Shimano mechanicals on my bike with M595 four months now on my commuter/do it all bike, and they have been great. Well worth the money IMO. Though they will be better out the box than the Tektro, you may still wonder where the power is. you gotta give em some time to break in. And from what I've read, the M06 pads or bigger rotors also helps with the performance. Right now I got 203mm rotors on the front, I don't need that much, but I got the rotor cheap and figure I would try it. Now I it doesn't take much to lock the front

I like the look of the 2012 brake levers, only had they spruced up the calipers a little in cosmetics. If the price is close to the M595 I'll replace the BB7 on my 29er with a set.
    As for "servo wave" I really couldn't tell you what that is.

What I say to you is, wait. If the M596s are more than you are willing to pay, You may then be able to find the M595s even cheaper than they are now. But I can't imagine them being much more than the M595.

The one thing I did notice is that there is no tool free reach adjustment for the M596
    RM Vapor
    Access XCL 9r

on the flats
    Feb 2011
    I have been around bikes for awhile and my opinion is if you are going to spend your money on low end hydrolic disc breaks you will bet better off in the long run getting high end mechanicals like avid bb7s. I put a set on bb7s on my 29er a few years ago and they are amazing and easy to set up. You will never have to bleed them (or pay your lbs) and replacing pads is easy.
    You can get front and rear for $100 bucks and call it a day!
    http://greenfishsports.com/product/3...rake-2009.html