mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Shortening Brake Lines

I have a new set of Formula Oro Biancos and I want to shorten the lines. I was just curious what tools you guys have used to cut the hydraulic hose(cable housing cutters, etc.). I used cable housing cutters on Juicy's in the past, but I was never that happy with the result. The technical manual from Formula instructs one to use a special tool (the FM-PD034-00 or something like that). I'd appreciate any input/reassurance. Thanks.

JT

neutiquam erro
    Dunno about the hoses you are using, but I just put some Goodridge lines on recently, and I started to cut them with my Dremel just assuming that would be best. But it wasn't too pretty - I think my cutting disk was going bad. So, not having a spare disk handy (doh!), I tried my Park cable cutters. Worked like a champ - very clean cut, and I used the housing crimper on the tool to reshape the hose back into a circle. Worked beautifully, and saved the mess of breaking out the Dremel for the next few cuts.

Cheers, Chris
    Now is the time on Sprockets when we hammer.
    '05 Blur Classic (1x9) || '06 SIR9 (SS) || '06 Brompton P6L

Meh.
    Sharp razor blade or cable cutters have always worked well for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks guys,
    I was planning on the cable cutters, but I didn't want to end up purchasing new lines in the event of a marginal cut. I invested in a new set of Park cutters and am happy that I did. Cheers.
    JT