mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Shortening Brake Lines

I have a new set of Formula Oro Biancos and I want to shorten the lines. I was just curious what tools you guys have used to cut the hydraulic hose(cable housing cutters, etc.). I used cable housing cutters on Juicy's in the past, but I was never that happy with the result. The technical manual from Formula instructs one to use a special tool (the FM-PD034-00 or something like that). I'd appreciate any input/reassurance. Thanks.

JT

neutiquam erro
    Dunno about the hoses you are using, but I just put some Goodridge lines on recently, and I started to cut them with my Dremel just assuming that would be best. But it wasn't too pretty - I think my cutting disk was going bad. So, not having a spare disk handy (doh!), I tried my Park cable cutters. Worked like a champ - very clean cut, and I used the housing crimper on the tool to reshape the hose back into a circle. Worked beautifully, and saved the mess of breaking out the Dremel for the next few cuts.

Cheers, Chris
    [SIZE=2]Now is the time on Sprockets when we hammer.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]'05 Blur Classic (1x9) || '06 SIR9 (SS) || '06 Brompton P6L[/SIZE]

Meh.
    Sharp razor blade or cable cutters have always worked well for me.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks guys,
    I was planning on the cable cutters, but I didn't want to end up purchasing new lines in the event of a marginal cut. I invested in a new set of Park cutters and am happy that I did. Cheers.
    JT