mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Shimano XT or Saint?

Here's two more possibilities for brakes I'm considering for my build. Every so often I find good deals on Saint calipers and rotors, but this is less common for the XT. From what I've read they are very similar technically, so would going for the Saint because it is cheaper be a good choice for an XC non-DH bike? Are the Saints much heavier? Thanks

mtbr member
    I understand that the calipers are identical, but the centreloc rotor splines are different: the saint uses a larger diameter spline to fit the saint specific hubs. As long as you can get the right rotors for your hubs, I'd say go with whatever is cheaper.

Tim

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    as wombat said..the brakes themselves are the same, but centerlock rotors are not... so you can use them on your XC bike just as you would XT... just get XT rotors to go with them (six bolt or centerlock depending on your hubs) and you are good to go.

MTBR Demi-God
    Yep, as mentioned above, the only differences between the calipers are cosmetic. They are virually the same, except the color scheme. Go ahead and get the saint, but keep in mind that you need to get a rotor specific to your hub.
    "Winners never quit. Quitters never win. But those who never win and never quit are idiots."

mtbr member
    The levers are different as the saint version has small sealed bearings instead of bushings...very smooth.
    Get over it!

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by lebikerboy
    The levers are different as the saint version has small sealed bearings instead of bushings...very smooth.
    Where?
    http://www.paul-lange.de/produkte/sh...BL/BL-M800.pdf

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lebikerboy
    ??? Didn't see any when I put my dangerboy levers onto the Saint lever bodies - no bearings in there.