mtbr member
    May 2008

Shimano ST-M775 Dual Control Lever Advice Needed

I am considering getting these shfter/brake lever combos because they are on sale but couldnt find any reviews on them. Nashbar has them on sale for $99.00. I am a bit concerned about having the shifters and brake levers as one component.

For those that have used them, do you have any thoughts?

http://nashbar.com/profile.cfm?categ...1442&pagename=

Slick Rick
    I use them, and I don't have any complaints at all.

I like the integrated shifting/braking aspect, and they look cleaner too.

Meh.
    It's not my cup of tea. I think it's great for road bikes... not so much for mountain bikes. But some people like it.

If you want, I have a set of new LX DC shifters (sans hoses) that you can have for 12 bucks plus shipping. You can try them. If you don't like them... you can pawn them off to some other sucker er... riding buddy. Haha.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the responses fellas. I am probably going to just suck it up and buy XT levers and XT rapid fire shifters. No sense in trying to save a few bux only to spend more later.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I think they're great (I have XTR DC, pretty similar)... you can shift from a bunch of different hand positions. Plus, I don't bang my knees up on shifting pods.

That's a pretty great price, I'd buy 'em.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    That's the lowest price I've ever seen. I use one generation older DC XT hydro and I'm considering another one so this is a fantastic find. I moved from LX trigger to XT DC hydro, so the upgrade impression was much bigger than moving from another compatible shifter. It took several rides before I got comfortable with the shifting patterns. That said, I got so used to the flipper now. To be honest, I'm not sure what exactly is the advantage of the DC but getting an XT shifter and brake lever under $100 is a steal! Modulation on the last gen isn't bad, no mechanical issues whatsoever for the last 3 years, bled twice with plastic bag and rubber band (yep, that's all you really need). I use organic XT pad and is very quiet. More than enough for trail riding. It's a tad bit heavier than brake & shifter combo. But if you like being "different" then this is an excellent buy. My 2 cents.