All Mt, DH

Shimano Saint M810 Brakes

Hi
    I have:
    new Saint m810 4 piston brakes on my VPFree
    203mm Shimano 6 bolt rotors (about a year old)
    Stock Shimano metal pads.
    Stock Shimano High Power Brake hose

There is some squeal when hot, it comes and goes, more squeal on the rear.

I have centered the caliper over the rotor, by applying the brake lever and tightening the caliper bolts and also filed off some glazing from the rear pads.

They still seem to squeal...

Also cleaned rotors with Isopropyl Alcohol wipes 70%..... is it advisible that I should get some 95% pure stuff or something?

I have some new Hayes V8 rotors I could put on to try if needed.

Any help appreciated to aid it the squealing...

Previously had the M800 Saints and mostly used A2Z Kevlar pads which didnt make much noise. Havent seen any aftermarket M810 pads available yet, anyone?

Thanks in advance
    2007 Blur 4x
    2009 Driver 8

mtbr member
    All of the advance reviews mentioned the noise... go watch that video of the Shimano guy on their site about Saint stuff... you can hear the brakes squeeling on a lot of the video. There were some reports that they were working on a quieter compound before release but maybe they just left them as is?

Sorry I personally can't be much help but I can say that my XTR brakes made noise for about 2 sets of pads until one day no more noise. I'd say it was the disks breaking in but you said you are running old rotors?

mtbr member
    BTW - review? How is the modulation and power with them? I've wanted to ride them for a long time now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay
    ... go watch that video of the Shimano guy on their site about Saint stuff...
    In the new "Season's" dvd Vanderham does a Shimano infomercial and I was surprised they lefted a lot of the brake squeal in there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratt
    In the new "Season's" dvd Vanderham does a Shimano infomercial and I was surprised they lefted a lot of the brake squeal in there.
    Yeah, I think we are talking about the same one...

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont...nt/videos.html

All Mt, DH
    Hi Coming off M800 brakes with the same size rotors there is a noticable power increase. I'm still getting use the them (power) as I'm locking up the rear quite often. I think the modulation will be fine once I get use to them

BTW I have the Seasons DVD and saw Vanderham on that sick line, with some squeaks too....

Do you think its wise to try a new rotor say on the rear for a test.?..
    2007 Blur 4x
    2009 Driver 8

Meh.
    Try removing the old bedded pad material and bed the new pads. Sand the rotors with a fine grit and lots of water.